Lead Electronics Engineer
Eaton is looking for a Lead Electronics Engineer to develop innovative
solutions for our Eaton Research Labs (ERL) at the Eaton European Innovation
Center in Prague (EEIC), Czech Republic.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, simulations and testing of
electronic units (subsystems) intended for power converters, focused mostly on
analog and digital circuits and gate driver design, with a solid knowledge of
power electronics and drives and energy systems design.
- The technical lead engineer creates emerging power conversion & power
system solutions based on breakthrough technologies for industrial, automotive,
truck, and aerospace applications.
- Develops technology projects by supporting teams (local and remote
resources) and working with external technology resources (Business Divisions,
Universities and Customers).
- Advance state of the art electronics, power systems, and power converter
technologies, as well as identify and develop commercialization opportunities
with diverse Eaton businesses.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed
teams, lead specific task within the scope of work and provide updates to
- Identifies, analyzes, develops and validates advanced technologies on
electronic units in the fields of power conversion and Power Systems.
- Leads and supports global technology programs utilizing
Eaton’s technology development processes including Business Reviews,
Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Participates in technology strategy discussions with Eaton’s Businesses
and supports the development of technology road maps.
Further broader goals/responsibilities for this role are:
- R&D role – leads individually electric and PCB design in tight
collaboration with project leads and team members and demonstrates TRL1–5
ownership for the assigned projects and tasks; performs modeling, simulations,
PCB design and validations of subsystems for power electronics and electronic
- Collects and analyzes data and information to research/improve/optimize
the design to meet requirements in performance, size, manufacturability,
reliability and costs
- Collaborates with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware
engineers to successfully design and validate the design; collaborates with
- Stays current with the latest control systems, PCB and electronics circuit
technologies and applies knowledge to power conversion and protection
We would like you to bring:
- Masters or PhD degree in related field
- Experience in low and medium voltage and low voltage power conversion and
power systems engineering, including creating specifications, defining
application space, designing technical solution concepts, and building and
testing prototypes to validate models/hypotheses and documenting results.
- Expertise in the following areas: Motor Drive technology, drive/converter
topologies; electrification of vehicles, energy storage, and grid connected
converters; alternative power distribution.
- Experience in modeling electronic circuits using design and simulation
tools- Altium, Eagle, Spice, Matlab/Simulink/Plecs.
- Good English communication and presentation skills
What can you expect from us?
- International team of professionals, opportunity to learn new
- Focus on technology and innovation
- Roomy offices, excellent canteen, table tennis, gym, cycling and sport
- Annual bonus, office hours flexibility, nursery contribution and other
- Home office, flexible working hours
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team, worldwide spread of
contacts and projects
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is important
- Culture & Values – Eaton is more than the products we invent and
produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values
and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization –
and direct our activities every day
- Green company targeting carbon neutrality in its operations by 2030
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting and engaging
environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning,
advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of
technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 180 employees we are a vibrant fast-growing Engineering and
Innovation Center for electrical, green energy, vehicle, and aerospace
applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle East &
Zpět na seznam nabídek